Saturday, August 8, 2009

What your budget allows

I went to Walmart tonight for the first time in a long time and was looking at the stuff on clearance and I noticed something... most of the prices are similar to the sale prices at Dillard's, Macy's, Children's place and old navy. I think there are 5 types of people or 5 types of budget mindsets.
1- Thrift store budget $2 for an outfit is a common thing and they can't really afford much more
2-Walmart budget you buy everything else there so why not back to school clothes you spend about $12 per outfit on average
3-Mall stores/dept store budget- You want quality and expect to pay more for it. You spend about $25 an average per outfit.
4- Boutiques- You care alot about the labels and brands so you might even spend $50 on a changing pad for your baby if it is Baby Phat or some other recognizable designer brand
5-You look at prices and plan ahead on sizes and you shop everywhere.
I am one of those people. I have gotten a Ralph Lauren sweatsuit for my daughter for $13 and a DKNY dress for $15 and other kids were wearing dresses from Walmart that were $16.88. I am not trying to be a brand snob but most name brand clothes tend to last longer. I go into my usual resale shops and besides jeans you don't see any Walmart brand clothes. Clothes from Children's place and gymboree tend to last a while longer.
If you think you can't afford much always look at the sale stuff and more than likely you can get $2.99 shirts and $3.99 pants at dept stores and children's stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment