Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Saving money and energy

I was going through our house last night adjusting this turning off that and I realized how many people forget to check faucets and such before bed. I usually do a walk through before leaving the house and before bed it takes like 2 minutes but I can't tell you how many times I have found a faucet dripping or a light on. I also realized since we got a programmable thermostat we use less energy too. Plus the house is warm in the morning and when we get home but goes down in temp when we aren't home. I also plugged all of my bedside stuff into a power strip and I turn it off when I get up. I don't need my lamp or my phone charger, or anything else when I am not in bed and I just use the 9v battery we take out of the smake alarm to power my alarm clock when it is unplugged so I am not constantly resetting it. more tips to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment